Thursday, June 9, 2011

"I find it interesting that in Acts 11, at the end of verse 26 it says, "The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch". What I find interesting is the simple thought that the Christians didn't name themselves. But rather, they were called (or named) Christians by those watching their lives. I wonder if it would be the same today. Could someone look at your life or look at my life and name me a Christian? A humbling question for sure." From Crazy Love, by Francis Chan

I love this quote. They didn't name themselves, but were named that because of the way they lived. Today, however, we DO name ourselves Christians when we accept Jesus. Then, it becomes our responsibility to live our lives in such a way that we reflect the proper attitude for a Christian. And you know what the world is watching? How we love. Not how many times we go to church, not if we obey all the rules (shoot, most don't even know what the rules are), not even how many committees and "teams" we are on at Church. Just simply, how we love.

I can't wait to read this book. That was just in the Foreword. What nuggets of truth God must have for me in the rest of the book.

No comments: